The Heinrich Böll Foundation (hbs), a German non-profit organization seeking to promote democracy, civil society, equality and environmental justice is offering the following position for its North Africa – Tunis office:
Under the guidance of the Financial and Admin Coordinator, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for managing the hbs North Africa – Tunis office, in accordance with hbs internal rules and regulation.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- General point of contact for the office (where applicable, relay to the responsible employee)
- Manage the incoming and outgoing e-mails, post mail, faxes, documents, invoices etc.: Receive, sort, answer or forward as required according to the priorities
- Update and maintain databases such as mailing list, contact lists (partners, suppliers etc.) and hbs templates.
- Draft or translate (English to Arabic and to French) messages and letters.
- Prepare and take minutes of staff meetings. Draft memos and letters and facilitate translation of relevant documents in Arabic, English and French.
- Maintain office filing systems both electronically and on paper with respect of HBS electronic filing structure.
- Organize travel arrangements for staff and visitors missions: support for preparation of visiting program (appointments and meetings) organize the transport of the visitors, manage the reservations of hotels and purchase of flight tickets
- Coordinate and facilitate internal and external events & meetings including pre-event preparation, liaising with participants/guests, finding venues, catering and logistical arrangements with respect of the allocated budget.
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day administrative function of the office, monitor and maintain office supplies, keep proper storage of office equipment, ensure their maintenance and manage service and supplier contracts/relationships.
- Petty cash Management: cash transactions, maintain cashbook records, file receipts & vouchers and periodical reconciliation.
- Ensure Photocopying and binding on need.
- Perform any other work related duties and responsibilities that may be assigned by the line manager.
- University diploma in management or equivalent required.
- Demonstrated work experience as office manager/ administrative assistant with a international organization/ NGO or in the private sector.
- Strong MS Office skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint + .
- Fluency in Arabic, French and English. Fluency in German is an asset.
- A proven ability to prioritise, plan, organise work and meet deadlines in a busy environment.
- Problem solving skills, ability to multi-tasking, team oriented and able to work independently.
- Proven willingness and ability to work flexibly in response to changing organizational requirements.
The contract of employment will be based on local labor laws in Tunisia.
Please send a motivation letter in English and detailed curriculum vitae to: firstname.lastname@example.org Applications should be received by December 15th, 2017. Only candidates who are considered for an interview will be contacted.